Open Administrative Positions
How to Apply to The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
The Philadelphia Orchestra accepts resumes via e-mail, U.S. mail, and fax and keeps them on file for up to one year. If your application meets the qualifications for a position, the Orchestra's Human Resources Office will forward your resume to the hiring manager. In addition, you may be considered for any position for which you are qualified.
Due to the significant volume of resumes received, we regret that we cannot update you about the status of your employment application. A Human Resources representative will contact qualified candidates for an interview.
At the time of the interview, you will be asked to complete an employment application.
Three ways to apply:
If you would like to be considered for a position please send a cover letter and resume to:
- Mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association Attn: Human Resources One South Broad Street | 14th Floor Philadelphia, PA | 19107
- Or fax to 215.875.7678
Indicate the position(s) desired in the subject heading of your e-mail and attach a cover letter and resume. Remember to include your name, address and telephone number on the front page of your resume. We also ask that you please mention how you were referred to us (website, newspaper ad, Orchestra employee). Please send only one copy of your cover letter and resume.
The preferred method of application is via e-mail using a Microsoft Word format. The Philadelphia Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. The following administrative positions are open:
Title: Temporary, Part-Time Seasonal Development Assistant, AOM Restoration Fund Office (AOMRFO)
Department: Development, Academy of Music Restoration Fund Office
Reports to: Manager, Restoration Office; Senior Director, Restoration Office
Status: Part-time, Temporary, Seasonal
The temporary, part-time seasonal Development Assistant in the AOM Restoration Fund Office is a position that will assist with the administrative aspects of all projects for the Academy of Music activities including the Academy of Music Restoration Fund, Anniversary Concert and Ball, prospect and donor cultivation events, data entry, event and gift processing, acknowledgements, tracking and reporting, all prospect research and research entry into the database and assistance with all major gift pipeline information.
This position is part-time (a maximum of 30 hours per week) and will be seasonal from August 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017.
- Process, record and acknowledge all telephone, mail, and Academy website online transactions for the Academy of Music, including Concert and Ball reservations, Restoration Fund contributions, Underwriting contributions, invoicing and tracking for all unpaid AOM pledges . All transactions will be completed within Philadelphia Orchestra Development and Finance Department protocols.
- Assist with all donor and attendee lists for Academy Newsletters, Anniversary Program Book and Orchestra Playbill.
- Work closely with The POA’s Development Services department to develop and adjust systems and code and report on all gifts accurately.
- Assist with the coordination of the invitation process including list review, data entry and collating.
- Assist in coordinating the logistics for committee, internal, prospect, and donor meetings and events.
- Assist the Academy Restoration Office Manager and Coordinator with the production of the Anniversary Concert Program Book as needed.
- Assist with seating for the Academy of Music Concert and Ball as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the department, including drafting letters, updating, producing and organizing spreadsheets, producing reports, and coordinating printed materials.
- Answer Concert and Ball main phone number and process all inquiries, payments, donations or ticket purchases over the phone and by email.
- Assist in calling Attendees for seating questions and answers.
- Assist with prospect research for the AOMRFO and enter into the database information including individual, corporate, foundation and all biographical information on event committee members, within Philadelphia Orchestra Development database protocols.
College degree preferred with one year of development experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong and proven administrative skills required.
- Must possess strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across several departments.
- Experience with database management and proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong understanding of financial processes.
- Ability to handle confidential information with accuracy and discretion.
- Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands: Routine for office environment.
Reports to: Help Desk Manager
The Help Desk Technician is part of a team that is responsible for providing first-level phone, and deskside support for The Philadelphia Orchestra, The Kimmel Center, Ticket Philadelphia, the Opera Company of Philadelphia, The Curtis Institute and the Pennsylvania Ballet.
- Basic administration of Windows and Linux network infrastructure.
- Basic administration of Office 365.
- Basic Phone administration for adds, moves and changes.
- Works with outsourced network printer support vendor to maintain network printers.
- Works with organizations' wiring vendor to supervise installation of new network drops and phones lines
- Identifies, researches, and resolves basic PC and phone-related technical problems.
- Responds to e-mail requests for technical support.
- Tracks and monitors technical problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Keeps electronic logs/documentation of work.
- Facilitates office moves for PC equipment.
- Serves as rotating member of after-hours on-call systems support team.
- Knowledgeable of VPN (Remote Access) and limitation.
- Procure company issued cell phones for Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center.
- Provision and Manage BYOD using MaaS360 (or equivalent MDM software).
- Setup and support meetings for board and internal meetings.
- Complete assigned projects.
Bachelor's degree and three years work experience, or equivalent combination of education/training and experience. IT certification for RedHat, Cisco or Microsoft and any experience with Cisco Call Manager (UCCM) and Contact Center (UCCX) phone systems a plus. Experience with IIS, .Net Framework, and with Audio/Visual equipment setup a plus.
- System Administration
- Knowledge of Windows network operating system.
- Knowledge of HP printing
- Knowledge Cisco phone switch
- General understanding of client/server applications.
- Desktop administration and Help Desk:
- Knowledge of current Windows Desktop and Server Products.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Office products.
- Strong customer services and problem resolution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of organization
- Able to work as part of a team
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Employee should be able to lift CPUs and monitors for PC installs and moves. The employee may be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evening and/or weekend hours. Employees will be required to be on-call for weekend and weeknights one week per month.
Department: Marketing Reports to: Vice President, Marketing Supervisor to: Web Coordinator
The Web Manager is the primary content manager for The Philadelphia Orchestra's website and email program. This position is accountable for ensuring a coherent presence across all interactive media channels and for supporting significant and growing revenue across these channels The Web Manager interfaces with staff in the following departments: Marketing and PR, Development Collaborative Learning, Digital Media, IT Services, and counterparts at the Kimmel Center and Ticket Philadelphia. This position serves as an expert in patron facing technology, advocates for decisions that support an exceptional and consistent user experience and is critical to the success of The Philadelphia Orchestra's use of digital technology and platforms that expand the quality, engagement and sophistication of its online presence.
- Create, post and maintain web pages for www.philorch.org
- Creates, manage and executes outbound e-mail communications for the organization.
- Ensure that the Orchestra web pages are consistent in tone and language and reflect the overall strategy and brand of the institution.
- Develop and maintain a consistent web style guide across the organization and its various channels and departments.
- Set analytics benchmarks and goals; compile and distribute reports on web and email analytics and social media participation; make recommendations based on thorough evaluation of analytics.
- Further organizational efforts in online ticketing and fundraising initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with IT Services department and external vendors on website maintenance, updates, SEO, planning and aligning marketing strategies with technology strategies.
- Work with marketing department to strategize online advertising and advise on emergent interactive advertising opportunities and analytics to further revenue goals.
- Directly supervise the Web Coordinator on all aspects of daily operations, including the website, email marketing, job tracking and production schedules and related online activities
- Keep ahead of web and social media trends, innovations and emergent interactive technologies; make recommendations on new features and applications to keep The Philadelphia Orchestra's position as an innovator in the field
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, with five or more years in marketing and web technologies. Must possess a strong understanding of web marketing technology and know how to use electronic media to enhance The Philadelphia Orchestra's objectives, with a particular focus on revenue generation and engagement.
- Strong knowledge of HTML and CSS
- 2 or more years of experience using Drupal CMS version 7
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Experience with GitHub or similar code deployment tool a plus
- Experience with AngularJS and Amazon Web Services a plus
- Knowledge of search engine optimization and Google Grant management
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Experience providing statistical tracking and report information.
- Experience managing multi layered projects
- Detail oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driving environment
- A collaborative spirit and ability to engage colleagues and leadership
- An appreciation of classical music preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. Some evening and weekend hours required for Orchestra concert duties and seasonal demand.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association Attn: Human Resources One South Broad Street, 14th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107
Department: IT Services
Reports to: Business Intelligence Manager
Supervisor to: N/A
The Business Intelligence Developer supports various users in a consortium of performing arts organizations by designing and developing solutions that provide data for making important business decisions. The Business Intelligence Developer will contribute to a fast-paced and evolving business intelligence team. The person performing this job will be required to program effeciently in T-SQL, develop SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and must also be able to learn and adapt to new business intelligence technologies. The Business Intelligence Developer will also serve as an analyst and will need to effectively communicate with tecnhnical and non-technical stakeholders, solicit requirements and transform those requirements into actionable business intelligence solutions.
- Designing, testing and deploying ETL processes using Integration Services (SSIS) and reports using Reporting Services (SSRS), as well as other business intelligence and reporting tools such as Qlik, Tableau, etc..
- Developing strategies for managing data models and cubes to deliver specific data for user requests.
- Integration and development of new Business Intelligence tools that will enhance and improve overall reporting techniques and delivery.
- Adding new data elements or source systems to the data warehouse loading process including development, testing, and deployment.
- Managing tasks and assignments via the Business Intelligence Group Help Desk queue
- Troubleshooting issues with Business Intelligence console
- Creating and modifying reports that adhere to established guidelines
- Designing, creating, and modifying dashboards in the Business Intelligence console
- Monitoring the integrity of the data in load processing, database and web applications.
- Working one-on-one with end users to help them with questions on Business Intelligence functionality
- Working one-on-one with end users to help them with questions on Business Intelligence functionality
Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of three years of experience in Information Technology; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- Proficiency in T-SQL
- Experience designing and deploying objects in the MS BI suite (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
- Experience designing and writing enterprise level ETL processes, reports and dashboards.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills for effective interactions with clients to assess what is needed in a project and then be able to relay that into specifications.
- Willingness and drive to learn new technologies and contribute meaningful solutions to the business intelligence team
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with C#, .NET framework is desirable.
- Experience with data warehouse systems using both relational and dimensional schemas desirable.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or other source control systems is desirable
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Routine for office environment. Evening and weekend work may be required. Required availability for on-call after-hours IT support rotation.