The Philadelphia Orchestra is proud to be the lead artistic partner for the School District of Philadelphia’s All-City Orchestra. In addition to Orchestra musicians conducting the All-City Orchestra rehearsals and participating in side-by-side rehearsals with All-City Orchestra musicians, The Philadelphia Orchestra presents the annual All-City Concert in Verizon Hall at the Kimmel Center.
The Orchestra also mentors 12 talented young musicians selected through a rigorous audition and interview process—the All-City Orchestra Fellows. These exceptionally talented musicians receive additional program support to break down the obstacles that challenge students of under-represented communities. They receive individual lessons and mentoring from Philadelphia Orchestra musicians, tickets to Philadelphia Orchestra concerts, and opportunities to interact with internationally acclaimed artists appearing as soloists and conductors.
Students selected to this prestigious program receive:
- Year-round mentorship and up to 40 coaching sessions, free of charge, from the world- class musicians of The Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Community projects throughout the Philadelphia region with musicians from The Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Chamber Music ensemble experiences with Curtis Artist-Year Fellows.
- Access to master classes and speaker series at the Curtis Institute of Music.
- Participation in masterclasses with world-renowned artists through The Philadelphia orchestra.
- Free access to Philadelphia Orchestra Concerts and select rehearsals for Fellows and their family.
- College prep workshops including mock-auditions, essays and interview tips provided by Project 440.
- Exclusive meet-and-greet opportunities with Guest Artists of The Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Additional public speaking and leadership opportunities through Project 440’s Community Engagement, Interactive Performance and Leadership & Entrepreneurship programs.
The Philadelphia Music Alliance for Youth (PMAY)
PMAY is a collaborative of organizations in the Philadelphia region dedicated to providing music education and performance opportunities to you. The collaborative started in 2012, and its members share a commitment to improving communities through the regular study of music. Member organizations have formed topic-based working groups that are developing areas of focus and initiatives to expand the impact of its work and that of its member organizations.
For more information, please visit: https://www.pmayartists.org