Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Managing Director of IT Services
As Business Intelligence (BI) T-SQL Developer, you will play a key role in the maintenance and further development of a high-volume ticketing system powering some of Philadelphia’s most renowned nonprofit institutions. The BI T-SQL Developer will be exposed to a wide array of technologies including Qlik, SSIS and SSRS that reach almost every facet of the organization. A relational database sits as the heart of these technologies which means strong T-SQL skills are essential. The BI Developer will also serve as an analyst; communication skills will be invaluable when coordinating with technical and non-technical stakeholders, soliciting requirements and converting those requirements into actionable BI solutions.
There is room for significant professional growth as the BI team develops over the coming years.
1. Full-stack SQL development of queries, stored procedures, SSRS reports and SSIS data pipelines
2. Qlik Sense data modelling, dashboard creation and ETL development
3. Ad-hoc data requests and analytics for senior management
4. Data auditing, quality assurance and reconciliation
5. Meeting with inhouse clients and managing BI projects
6. Training Qlik and SSRS end users
1. T-SQL Fluency, including a strong grasp of: Joins, Aggregates, Stored Procedures, Window Functions and Indexes
2. Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a minimum of three years of experience in Information Technology; or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
3. Experience designing and writing enterprise level ETL processes, reports and dashboards
4. Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment.
5. Excellent communication skills
1. Experience designing and deploying objects in the MS BI suite (SSIS/SSAS/SSRS)
2. Experience using Qlik or similar Business Intelligence tools (Sisense, Tableau, etc.)
3. Experience with Tessitura or similar CRM solutions
4. Strong understanding of relational and associative data models.
5. Familiar with source control systems such as Team Foundation Server, Git or similar.
6. Experience with C# .NET Technologies
7. Experience with predictive analytics and forecasts
8. Experience in a leadership role
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. Evening and weekend work may be required. Required availability for on-call after-hours IT support rotation.