Reports to: Director, Annual Fund
Under the supervision of the Director, Annual Fund, the Annual Fund Coordinator provides daily administrative support for the annual individual giving programs of The Philadelphia Orchestra (POA). Key responsibilities include interfacing with patrons through phone, email, concerts, and events; preparing contributions for data entry; supporting the administrative needs of the fundraising and events teams; and maintaining accurate information in the donor database.
The Annual Fund Coordinator works closely with the Manager, Annual Fund, the Manager of Development Events, and the Development Services team.
- Provide quality customer service to POA patrons by serving as primary point person for responding to the Annual Fund donor phone lines and email inboxes.
- Produce gift paperwork for Annual Fund contributions; ensure accuracy of daily gift activity by monitoring reports and by working closely with the Development Services Department to ensure proper coding of records and gifts.
- Generate open pledge invoices on regular schedule to be determined by the Director.
- Draft, edit, and maintain copy for appeal letters, e-blasts, collateral materials, event invitations, and website updates.
- Assist with the fulfillment of donor benefits including premium distribution and Open Rehearsal tickets.
- Work with the Manager of Development Events to coordinate, provide administrative support for, and staff donor benefit events such as the Salon Series, Open and Closed Rehearsals, Backstage Tours, the Carnegie Hall Patron Day Trip, and the Annual House Party.
- Occasionally work concerts along with other members of the Development team, staffing the donor lounge and special donor information tables.
- Oversee the matching gift program by producing gift transmittals, monitoring matching gift company websites for accuracy of gifts and transfer of funds, and following written procedures for matching gift company correspondence.
- Process expenses in accordance with budget procedures. Track and keep up-to-date department expenses through both a hard-copy binder and Excel spreadsheet. Complete monthly budget reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Project manage Direct Mail pieces that are prepared both internally and externally through a mail house.
- Schedule meetings, execute data entry, and perform routine office duties, including filing.
- Ensure a full and consistent inventory of department stationery and other supplies.
- Provide general Development Department assistance as needed.
- Maintain Annual Fund procedural guides.
Bachelor’s degree or transferable experience required. Relevant experience with annual fund, membership and individual giving campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- A customer-service mentality and personality that works well with colleagues and members of the public.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong, demonstrable proficiency with MS Office products, with a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with databases. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to work with confidential information with accuracy and discretion.
- Interest in classical music and music education is a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The employee will be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evenings and weekends.