Reports to: Senior Manager, AOM Restoration Fund Office and Senior Director, AOM Restoration Fund Office
Supervisor to: Temp Seasonal Assistant; Interns
The Coordinator is responsible for all development and operational support functions for the Academy of Music Restoration Fund Office including design, implementation, reporting and acknowledging annual fund appeals and gifts, facilitation of the design and mailing of the AOM newsletter, managing the office calendar scheduling for event logistics and co-chairs, and coordinating logistics for meetings.
The Coordinator is also responsible for providing full operational support for the annual Anniversary Concert Program Book, which includes securing all Program Book advertiser sales, managing all the logistics for scheduling of 100+ VIP photos, volunteer committee management and cultivation, committee photo attendees, and follow up for all photo shoots and Program Book captions. Position manages the disbursements, tracking and invoicing needs of the AOM Restoration Fund, Program Book and Anniversary Concert, Ball tickets and Underwriting.
The Coordinator will work closely with committee members, donors, prospects and with all departments of The Philadelphia Orchestra Association. The Coordinator is responsible for the supervision of prospect research, systemized tracking of donations and event income and assisting the Senior Director and Manager in collaboration with Philadelphia Orchestra of prospect pipeline.
The Coordinator will work in close collaboration with the POA Development Services Coordinator to assure that all of the Academy Ball transactions and donations are processed, acknowledged and reported in a timely and accurate manner.
The AOM Development Coordinator is responsible for gift acknowledgement of all AOM Restoration Fund major gifts and tracking and coordination of all other AOM gift acknowledgements and data with Assistant Coordinator and POA Development Services.
During the Concert and Ball event and Program Book publication season, November through the end of January, the Coordinator will be required to be responsive to evening and weekend email and phone calls from Board members, staff and Concert and Ball Committee Co-Chairmen and Committee members to the best of their ability.
The Coordinator will be required to sign up for a minimum of three Philadelphia Orchestra Concert Duty assignments.
- Responsible for all aspects of administration for the AOM department including tracking of revenue and expenses for the AOM, scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars, record and distribute meeting minutes, drafting letters, organizing spreadsheets, analyzing data, producing reports and coordinating print materials, including tracking of necessary inventory for mail house and internally coordinated mailings.
- Coordination of all solicitation mailings for Restoration Fund projects including drafting solicitation and acknowledgement letters, working with designers and mail houses and with IT for list acquisition and clean up, assure accurate record keeping in Tessitura to comply with POA policy for data input and systemized gift tracking.
- Coordinate all AOM solicitations and social media/email activity calendar with POA Marketing, PR and Development departments.
- Collaborate with the POA Development Services Coordinator for reporting of all transactions related to the Academy to include ticket purchases as well as Underwriting, Program Book and other donations.
- Work with volunteers on Program Book photo shoots, invitation list review, committee events, seating and other logistical issues related to the Academy Ball.
- Manage all sales of Program Book pages and logistics for Program Book photos, including scheduling of photo shoots with photographer and advertiser, and facilitation of participation by committee volunteers; manage invoicing and tracking of all contracts for Program Book.
- Assist in all AOM website and social media content conceptualization and management; update website and social media content.
- Assist in planning and coordination for Concert and Ball and Restoration Fund cultivation events.
- Plan, design, write and distribute AOM newsletter both electronic and print (two, annually).
- Supervise Assistant Coordinator who processes all Concert and Ball reservations, seating requests and Concert & Ball Information Line phone calls and assists with Program Book Advertiser Directory, donor list, Concert and Ball Attendees list and captions; research, data entry, acknowledgements, pipeline work and all other duties as assigned.
College degree preferred with 2-4 years senior level administrative experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Must have sales experience
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across several departments, including POA Development, Marketing, Public Relations, Finance and Artistic and Academy of Music and Kimmel Center staff.
- Experience with database management and proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong understanding of financial processes including budgeting and invoicing.
- Ability to handle confidential information with accuracy and discretion.
- Some evening work may be required from November through January.
Enthusiastic team player in a fast-paced office environment.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.