Reports to: Director, Annual Fund
Under the supervision of the Director, Annual Fund, the Development Coordinator provides daily administrative support for the annual individual giving programs of The Philadelphia Orchestra (POA), which collectively comprise more than 7,000 donor households.
The Coordinator works closely with the Manager, Annual Fund; Manager, Development Events; and the Development Services team to execute the high volume of service and administrative activities of the Annual Fund office.
- Interfacing with patrons through phone, email, concerts, and events
- Preparing contributions for data entry
- Supporting the administrative needs of the Annual Fund office
- Maintaining accurate information in the donor database
- Provide quality customer service to POA patrons by serving as primary point person the Annual Fund donor phone lines and email inboxes, responding promptly to all donor inquiries
- Prepare gift paperwork for Annual Fund contributions; ensure accuracy of daily gift activity by monitoring reports and by working closely with the Development Services Department to ensure proper coding of records and gifts.
- Generate open pledge invoices on regular schedule.
- Draft, edit, and maintain copy for appeal letters, e-blasts, collateral materials, event invitations, and website updates.
- Assist with the fulfillment of donor benefits and stewardship activities.
- Oversee the matching gift program by producing gift transmittals, monitoring matching gift company websites for accuracy of gifts and transfer of funds, and following written procedures for matching gift company correspondence.
- Process expenses in accordance with budget procedures. Track and keep up-to-date department expenses. Complete monthly budget reconciliations to ensure accuracy.
- Project manage Direct Mail pieces that are prepared both internally and externally through a mail house.
- Schedule meetings, execute data entry, and perform routine office duties, including filing.
- Ensure a full and consistent inventory of department stationery and other supplies.
- Work with the Manager, Development Events to provide administrative support for donor benefit events such as the Salon Series, Open and Closed Rehearsals, Backstage Tours, the Carnegie Hall Patron Day Trip, and the Annual House Party.
- Occasionally work concerts along with other members of the Development team, staffing the donor lounge and special donor information tables.
- Provide general Development Department assistance as needed.
- Maintain Annual Fund procedural guides.
Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant prior work experience. Prior customer service experience required. Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising software a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- A customer-service orientation and collaborative personality, with a high level of comfort interacting with the public in person and on the phone.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong, demonstrable proficiency with MS Office products, with a strong working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience working with databases. Knowledge of Tessitura a plus.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Interest in classical music and music education is a plus.
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, candidate must have the ability to work from home**
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The employee will be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evenings and weekends.