Reports to: Senior Director, Development Services
The Development Coordinator will assist with organizing and executing critical work systems for The Philadelphia Orchestra’s (POA) Development programs. These programs include, but are not limited, to Board and Major Giving, General Membership, Volunteer Relations, Academy of Music, and Institutional Giving (Corporate, Foundation, and Government). The Development Coordinator is an important support staff position in the POA Development office, providing a broad array of services to support management of POA’s donor base of more than 7,200 households and institutions.
- Process donations on a daily basis for all POA programs and events, including Academy of Music.
- Prepare and mail gift acknowledgement letters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain accurate donor information in the Tessitura database.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Director, Development Services and the Manager, Development Services.
- When required, provide assistance to other Development Department units such as Annual Fund and Events.
- Perform all aspects of donation processing, data entry of gifts, transaction adjustments, preparing benefit information packets, acknowledgement letters, and donor tax-receipts, research and track donations and prepare and balance daily processing reports.
- Work closely with the various program coordinators on acknowledgements and donations for general membership, Volunteer and AOM gifts and events and assist with the acknowledgement process for all Board and major gifts (when necessary).
- Process and track special patron needs and requests such as memorial and honorary gifts to the Annual Fund; also process stock gifts, Corporate, Foundation, and Government gifts.
- Make daily bank deposits.
- Make contact information changes to donor accounts.
- Maintain files of donor information and gift processing documentation.
- Respond to patron inquiries received by or forward to the Development Services department.
- Assist with report generation for the Development department, both scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Assist with training of Development department on proper use of Tessitura.
Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant prior work experience. Prior customer service experience required. Knowledge of Tessitura or other fundraising software a plus.
- Understanding of development & fundraising fundamentals preferred.
- Attention to detail essential.
- Critical thinking skills essential; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent word processing and spreadsheet skills, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the Development department.
- Ability to work with confidential information with accuracy and discretion.
**During the COVID-19 pandemic, candidate must have the ability to work from home**
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The employee may be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evening and weekend concerts and/or events.