Department: Digital Media
Reports to: Director, Digital Media and Video Production
The Digital Asset Manager is responsible for overseeing the Orchestra’s digital asset management and Orchestra On Demand content and systems.
This individual will work closely with the Director of Media, Director of Publications and Content Development, and Marketing department to ensure the Orchestra’s digital assets are organized, catalogued, and properly managed.
- Oversee the migration and proper metadata tagging of content into the digital asset management system(s) from various file formats and codecs.
- Serve as the staff point-of-contact for the digital and media asset management systems, providing training and assisting with queries as needed, partnering with key staff to ensure metadata completion and compliance.
- Uphold governance policies and procedures to ensure standardized asset categorization, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall quality of content.
- Identify and manage the resolution of data quality issues such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness.
- Monitor system usage and identify solutions to improve participation, requests, and workflows.
- Assist the support team in user support and system maintenance.
- Monitor search queries and search experience trends to improve the quality of metadata.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Master’s degree in library and information science, or equivalent degree strongly preferred. Previous experience with content or digital asset management systems. Experience digitizing and managing a variety of formats, including audio, video, images, and the creation of associated metadata is required.
- Strong organizing and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and aptitude for computers, software, and media formats.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms.
- Knowledge of Audio, Video, and Image editing software.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment.