Department: Information Technology (Shared Services)
Reports to: Managing Director of IT Services
The Information Technology Department serves The Philadelphia Orchestra, the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts and Ticket Philadelphia. The IT Services Department also provides contract resources and support for other Philadelphia-area performing arts organizations (including the Curtis Institute of Music, Opera Company of Philadelphia, and Pennsylvania Ballet) with a combined total of 470+ users. The 17-member Department provides Help Desk and after-hours support; infrastructure design, implementation and maintenance; database analysis, reporting and programming; and web programming and support. The Department is also responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of mission-critical infrastructure, such as the CRM system (that supports marketing, ticketing and fundraising functions) and telephony services. The Information Technology Department is jointly administered by and on behalf of The Philadelphia Orchestra and the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts.
In particular, the Lead Web Developer position will be asked to design and implement web ticketing applications that are key to impacting revenue growth for the Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center. This position will also be asked to support and improve the above through automation and maintenance of testing and release processes. This position is for a person who wants to take his or her love of the arts and expertise in technology and use these attributes to take on the challenge of making a significant impact to the bottom lines of two of the biggest cultural intuitions in Philadelphia. In addition, the lead web developer position will work within the framework of a highly skilled and diverse IT department that houses an existing IT team who will provide a solid support structure for the incoming position so that web and automation development can be the primary focus of the position.
- Liaise with clients in order to delineate functional needs.
- Implementation of software and web code for integration into internal solutions.
- Automate and maintain release workflow processes to support a consistent and successful deployment schedule
- Design of some software solutions from a base level to satisfy the needs of the client organizations.
- Liaise with vendors to ascertain potential solutions to requirements.
- Liaise with consultants to work in tandem on solutions.
- Lead and support strategies for developing web capabilities for a consortium of user organizations on one CRM system.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic application bugs and errors through familiarity of programming in a Microsoft-based environment.
- Lead in maintenance and upgrade of internally hosted and created Content Management System and other internally developed projects.
- Lead in administration and support of both cloud and locally hosted web environments.
- Lead with automation of unit testing and user experience testing.
- Lead with other duties as assigned with technology initiatives, rollouts, writing specifications and editing HTML/CSS.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and tasks in order to meet critical client deadlines
- Lead IT team with daily procedures, help desk and special projects as required.
- Lead in maintenance and upgrade of internally hosted Ticketing software and servers.
- Required availability for on-call after-hours IT support rotation.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of 3 years of undergraduate education in Information Systems and/or Computer Science with a demonstrable degree of capability in writing code and automating common tasks required. (Co-Op applicants will also be considered.) In addition to the above, hands-on experience with CSS, including CSS-only (sans tables) web page layouts preferred but not required.
- Strong programming skills.
- .Net coding in an object-oriented environment.
- C# preferred
- Experience working with .Net Framework.
- Experience with process automation tools such as Jenkins/TeamCity
- Experience administrating and maintaining Azure and/or AWS cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell, Python or other scripting language.
- Knowledge of NUnit, Selenium or other test suites.
- Experience with SOAP and Web Services on .Net.
- Knowledge of Flash scripting a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work independently.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for an office environment. The employee may be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evening and/or weekend hours.