Reports to: Senior Director, AOM Restoration Fund Office
Supervisor to: Coordinator, AOM; Seasonal FT Temporary Staff; Interns
The Senior Manager, Academy of Music Restoration Fund Office, is responsible for managing the daily operations of the activities of the AOM Restoration Fund Office and assisting in the strategic planning for the AOMRFO and Anniversary Concert and Ball.
This position works with the Senior Director of the Academy of Music Restoration Fund Office on the successful planning and execution of all of the fundraising activities in support of the restoration and preservation of the Academy of Music. This includes the Anniversary Concert and Ball and annual Restoration Fund prospecting, cultivation and solicitation initiatives. The Senior Manager also serves as the Budget Manager for the office, preparing all budgets and forecasts, and managing expense and revenue tracking.
The Senior Manager will be responsible to work with the Senior Director, Chairman of the Academy Board of Trustees, event Co-Chairmen and Committee members and The Philadelphia Orchestra Executive VP of Institutional Advancement/Chief Restoration Fund Officer, on the vision and successful planning and execution of the Anniversary Concert and Ball to include the editorial process and publishing of the annual Anniversary Program Book and Concert and Ball Invitation, communication with all Concert and Ball Committees, Underwriting solicitations and fulfillment. The Senior Manager is responsible for the fulfillment of all website and electronic communications for the Concert and Ball and Restoration Fund.
This position will also oversee negotiation and management and fulfillment of all Restoration Office vendor and in-kind contracts and will work with the Senior Director and AOMRFO staff to coordinate seating, attendee lists and all logistics for the Anniversary Concert and Ball. Additional responsibilities include oversight for the scheduling and creation of all Concert and Ball Committee and Academy Board meetings and events related to the Anniversary Concert and Ball and VIP cultivation events related to the Restoration Fund. In-Kind contracts include fulfillment of all media contracts involving website and electronic communications. The Senior Manager is responsible for keeping the Restoration Office on track with its annual and monthly calendar of projects and ensuring that all projects meet the designated calendar deadline for review and completion.
The Senior Manager coordinates all individual, corporate and foundation prospecting, grant writing and communication for capital projects for the Academy of Music Restoration Fund. In addition, the Manager is responsible for the coordination of all communications with Committee members, prospects and donors via appeal letters, quarterly newsletter drafting and production of emails.
The Senior Manager is responsible for the coordination of all digital and print media for the Anniversary Concert and Ball and Restoration Fund and the coordination of those efforts with Orchestra PR, Marketing and Development Departments and all AOM in-kind partners.
The Senior Manager is the chief point of contact and overall administrator for all Academy of Music Young Friends coordination for the Concert and Ball and Restoration Fund activities.
The Senior Manager is responsible for working with the Senior Director and Philadelphia Orchestra Development staff to meet the annual fundraising goals of the Restoration Fund. This includes grant writing and all activities related to annual fund initiatives. This position is responsible for working with the AOMRFO Senior Director and Coordinator and Orchestra Development staff on all prospect pipeline activities including research, ratings, tracking, strategy and execution.
The Senior Manager is responsible for attending all Board of Trustee meetings, assisting in preparation of Trustee meeting materials, particularly working with the Orchestra Controller on financial reporting and must transcribe and produce minutes for each Trustee meeting in a timely fashion.
During the Concert and Ball event and Program Book publication season, October 1 through the end of January, the Senior Manager will be required to respond to evening and weekend email and phone calls from Trustees, staff and Concert and Ball Committee Co-Chairmen and Committee members to the best of their ability.
- The Senior Manager supervises the Coordinator, Seasonal FT Temporary Staff; Interns
- Work with the Senior Director on all logistics, communications and operations related to the Concert and Ball, including, but not limited to, subcontractors, vendors, Committee meetings, phone, email and mail correspondence, Committee meetings and events, event Underwriting, Box Office coordination, ticket designs, ticketing, Eblasts, corporate signage and all sales and advertising initiatives. Assure the expenses for the Concert and Ball and the Restoration Fund are in alignment with the planned budget for the Restoration Fund Office.
- Manage the Concert and Ball invitation process with the AOMRFO Coordinator via vendor, creation, design, the editing/proofing process and printing.
- The Senior Manager is the Orchestra designated Budget Manager for the AOMRFO.
- Work with the Coordinator to plan the mailing process for the invitations.
- Assist in managing the process for seating at both the Concert and Ball.
- Coordinate and oversee all recognition and acknowledgement letters to vendors, donors and Underwriters.
- Oversee the tracking of all gifts in kind in support of the Ball, acknowledge and fulfill appropriately and assure compliance with internal finance reporting of such gifts.
- Work with the Coordinator to oversee the editorial process for the Program Book, including layout, design, photo captions and text and oversee the proofreading of the Program Book
- Work with Senior Director and editorial staff to ensure Program Book is in compliance with organizational editorial standards.
- Manage the grant writing, tracking, submission and reporting for grants in support of the Restoration Fund.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director on the annual fund activities of the Restoration Fund Office including direct mail, Enews, website, newsletter and other fundraising initiatives for capital projects. This includes building the major gifts portfolio for Chairman of the Board, Executive Director and Senior Director.
- Manage the AOM Young Friends Program including all YF Committee administration, budget and events.
- Codify and refine all AOMRFO processes to ensure best practices and efficient work flow for the AOMRFO.
- Assist in all AOM website and social media content conceptualization and management; update website and social media content.
College degree with minimum of 5 years of progressive development, fundraising, website, media, volunteer management and event planning experience required. Strong writing skills required and candidates must provide three (3) writing samples. Experience with database management and fundraising software required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across the Development department and entire organization.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail essential.
- Must have sales experience.
- Experience with database management and proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong understanding of financial processes including invoicing.
- Ability to handle confidential information with accuracy and discretion.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Routine for office environment. The Senior Manager will be required to attend meetings and events during evening and weekend hours. During the Concert and Ball event and Program Book publication season, October through the end of January, the Senior Manager will be required to be responsive to evening and weekend email, text and phone calls from Board members, staff and Concert and Ball Committee Co-Chairmen and Committee members to the best of their ability.