Thank you for your interest in The Philadelphia Orchestra. The Philadelphia Orchestra is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You can receive information regarding all Orchestra (musician) openings by contacting us at:
The Philadelphia Orchestra
One South Broad Street | 14th Floor
Philadelphia, PA | 19107
Audition rounds will take place between May 11-16, 2018.
Employment will begin based on the winner's availability and The Philadelphia Orchestra schedule.
Please submit a one-page resume with the subject line “Associate Principal Flute” by e-mail or mail, postmarked no later than February 22, 2018.
Complete audition information will be mailed after March 6, 2018.
Repertoire is subject to change. Please check this page periodically for updates.
The Philadelphia Symphonic Choir is holding auditions. All singers will be considered for future performances with The Philadelphia Orchestra. Positions are paid per performance run.
Audition dates and locations:
Saturday, April 14, 2018, 11 AM-5 PM
Princeton United Methodist Church
7 Vandeventer Avenue, Princeton, NJ 08542
Sunday, April 29, 2018, 1 PM-5 PM
Innovation Studio at Kimmel Center
321 S. 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102
If you have previously auditioned or performed with the choir, there is no need to re-audition at this time.
Please send an email with your interest to email@example.com. We will provide an audition time and further instructions. Please do not contact the orchestra or the Kimmel Center directly. An accompanist will be provided. Please bring a headshot and a resume. You will be asked to prepare the following:
- One piece of your choosing in English, excerpted no longer than two minutes
- One piece of your choosing in either French, Italian or German, excerpted no longer than two minutes
- You will be asked to sight read
- If time allows, there will also be a brief interview
2018-19 performance dates are (rehearsals tba):
- December 13 and 15, 2018 – Menotti: Amahl and the Night Visitors
- January 24 and 25, 2019 - Rossini: Stabat Mater and Bernstein: Symphony No. 3 “Kaddish”
- June 20-22, 2019 – Bernstein: Candide