Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Help Desk Manager
The Help Desk Technician is part of a team that is responsible for providing phone, and deskside support for The Philadelphia Orchestra, The Kimmel Center, Ticket Philadelphia, The Curtis Institute and the Pennsylvania Ballet.
- Basic administration of Windows and Linux network infrastructure.
- Basic administration of Office 365.
- Basic Phone administration for adds, moves and changes.
- Works with outsourced network printer support vendor to maintain network printers.
- Works with organizations’ wiring vendor to supervise installation of new network drops and phones lines.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves basic PC and phone-related technical problems.
- Responds to e-mail requests for technical support.
- Tracks and monitors technical problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Keeps electronic logs/documentation of work.
- Facilitates office moves for PC equipment.
- Serves as rotating member of after-hours on-call systems support team.
- Keeps after-hours on-call rotation calendar up to date.
- Knowledgeable of VPN (Remote Access) and limitation.
- Procure company issued cell phones for Philadelphia Orchestra and Kimmel Center.
- Arranging equipment recycling with vendor with BAN or similar accreditation.
- Complete assigned projects.
Bachelor's degree and three years’ work experience, or equivalent combination of education/training and experience. IT certification for RedHat, Cisco or Microsoft and any experience with Cisco Call Manager (UCCM) and Contact Center (UCCX) phone systems a plus. Experience with IIS, .Net Framework, and with Audio/Visual equipment setup a plus.
- System administration
- Knowledge of Windows network operating system.
- Knowledge of HP Jet Direct Software, and HP printing hardware
- Knowledge Cisco phone switch platforms
- General understanding of client/server applications.
- Desktop administration and Help Desk
- Knowledge of current Windows Desktop and Server Products
- Knowledge of mobile devices and MDM
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Office products.
- Strong customer services and problem resolution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of organization.
- Able to work as part of a team
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Employee should be able to lift CPUs and monitors for PC installs and moves. The employee may be required to perform the essential functions of the job during evening and/or weekend hours. Employees will be required to be on-call for weekend and weeknights one week per month.